INFORMATION WE NEVER COLLECT
- Social Security Numbers
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information
All payments are handled by PayPal and we do not receive any bank or credit card information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OUR SERVER LOGS
When you visit the Site, our web server may record the following information in its server log:
- your IP Address
- the URLs you have requested to access
- the dates and methods of requests
- the status code of your requests
- URLs of pages that referred you to the Site
- number of bytes transferred
- your web browser and operating system platform
Web server logs are retained indefinitely and their contents are accessible to administrators, website managers and website usage statistics packages.
We do not share your personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our service to you, all of which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are several areas where members can submit information to us, and we also have features that automatically collect information from our members and other users.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
We have certain areas where we ask you to provide information to us:
- Payment: All payment transactions are handled by PayPal, our payment services provider. PayPal is committed to maintaining the security and privacy of your personal information. Please consult their security and privacy policies posted at www.paypal.com for more information. Leather-Hats.com does not learn or retain your credit card details from PayPal. Additionally, no credit card information is stored on our site or in our databases. PayPal simply provides us with the payment status, payment amount and any optional message(s) pertaining to your order that you wish to convey to us during the payment transaction.
- Registration: You may register with us to use some of our member only features on our site. We may also offer the option for you to register with us or sign up for our mailing list without having to use any other product or service. During registration, you provide your “contact information” (which identifies you and how we can contact you, such as your name and email address) as well as certain demographic information (which describes certain information about you, such as your country of residence). You may be asked to enter an e-mail address and password.
- Communications from Us and Mailing Lists: In order to keep our members informed about the operation of our services, we will send e-mails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our site and subscription service. For additional information about our site, services and offers, we give our members the option of joining our mailing list. Each marketing e-mail from us will come with instructions for how to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- Communications with Us: We have features where you can submit information to us (such as when contacting us with a question or problem related to the service). We will retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us to serve you better.
- Communications with Friends: Our site may also have certain features that allow you to send information to others (such as via a “Recommend to a Friend”). We will use the contact information you enter for your friends only to send the email, and then we will delete it from our system.
- Surveys: We may occasionally ask members to participate in surveys. Such surveys will be voluntary. They are intended to improve your member experience and any information you provide we may associate with your member name for future use. Any personal information collected will be used only by us unless we specify otherwise, although we may share aggregate survey result information with others.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION:
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We use a software technology called “cookies” for several purposes, depending on the type of cookie employed. Within Leather-Shop.com, we use what are commonly called “session” cookies, meaning that they only last as long as you are online.
Most web browsers automatically accept “cookies”, but they should also allow you to instruct your browser to prevent the use of “cookies.” Please note that if you disable cookies certain aspects of Leather-Hats.com will not function properly, such as the shopping bag. The cookie doesn`t track any personal information about you or provide us with any way to contact you, and the cookie doesn`t extract any information from your computer. Schakolad.com also tracks users with “web beacons”, a commonly used technology. This allows us to anonymously track purchases and other website information. These web beacons may be used to provide data for tracking purposes. However, no personal information is collected or transferred using web beacons on Schakolad.com.
We also use “web beacons” in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been open by recipients. This allows us to track the effectiveness of certain communications as well as the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please email us at: [email protected] with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject.
For our internal purposes, we gather information such as date, time, connection speed and IP address of all visitors to our site. We keep this information simply for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, and system administration.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share your personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our service to you (such as for order delivery), all of which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency`s request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission. We may share (provide and receive) with others certain aggregate service information, which is not personally identifiable. This information may include usage and demographic data, but it will not include personal information (such as your email address). We may use aggregate demographic information about our audience in order to improve our service, for marketing purposes and/or industry reporting purposes.
We may display links to other sites outside Leather-Hats.com. We are not responsible for those other sites, their privacy policies or how they treat information about their members. We advise you to check their privacy policies to find out how they are treating your personal information.
If you would rather not receive marketing emails from us, please opt-out by emailing us at: [email protected] with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject.
California Privacy Rights
Leather-Hats.com does not sell or share your personal information to third parties or affiliates for their use in marketing to you unless you agree to this in advance.
Leather-Hats.com strives to protect the security of your personal information and your choices for its intended use. We use secure SSL technology to protect the transmission of sensitive information such as your registration, login, and credit card information. We store your personal information on a secure server.
Please feel confident that we employ the most advanced technology for protecting your transaction information.
At Leather-Hats.com we ensure a secure server ordering process.
To make purchases online at Leather-Hats.com, you must allow your computer to accept “cookies” if it asks. Computer “cookies” are safe and are simply the best way for us to offer you the most enjoyable and hassle-free online shopping environment.